Jimbo

I'm no lawyer but my son is an insurance adjuster and he see courts pay out
judgements on some very strange cases and I don't think it's beyond the
realm of possibilities that and injured or dead persons insurance company
would try and sue you under the subrogation clause of the victims health or
life policy. Now wouldn't that be something we could all laugh about, an
even bigger laugh would be your legal bill.

Jimbo

"Matt" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
On 4-May-2005, "Matt" wrote:

If someone goes out to usenet and follows advice that gets them

killed,
then they shouldn't have been messing with it in the first place.

Usenet is not a qualified, guaranteed safe source of information

FOR
ANYTHING, and I don't recall getting the memo that said if you

follow
advice given here, everything will turn out just dandy.

No doubt all true. However...
Speaking hypothetically suppose some idiot did follow your advice and
shorted the mains and for arguments sake let's say they lived. Then

let's
say they sued you for giving them this advice to begin with. It's

not
likely they really have a case but they do have the right to sue I

believe
(I'm not sure, not an attorney).

So ok, you make your above point and you do probably win the case.

Do you think that the judge or civil adjutant or whoever is just

going to
say very good carry on? I think that you would most like have a

discussion
with someone in authority about the wisdom of giving life threatening

advice
in any forum.

If the person following your advice died I think that while you still

might
legally prevail that discussion would be a tad more serious. And

some
prosecutor somewhere might make it their business to hit you with

some
charge and they might just make it stick.

Not a good idea giving out life threatening advice even if it's

obviously a
joke. Just too dangerous.
ml

Agreed.

But what about the other point I made?

Isn't someone giving technically accurate advice just as likely to end
up at the end of a lawsuit in the event someone is killed/injured
following it?

If not, why not?