tony sayer

In article , Mary
Fisher writes

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:

The water pipes which are in contactwith the sink are surely earthed?

Unless the are plastic.... or cocooned in PTFE tape!

Hmm. Hadn't thought about that - never seen it...

Mary

Pardon me sticking me Oar in, but I could have sworn blind that I read
on some IEE website somewhere, not that long ago, that it wasn't good
practice to earth the kitchen sink.

Something to do with it "might not be a good idea to make a better earth
than what otherwise might be" or something like that?.

Course that might be total bollox but If anyone can expand on that....
--
Tony Sayer