tom patton

Was up on the roof today setting out the main diagonal rafter profiles using
surplus wallplate and plywood end profiles.Everything was ok angles wise so
now ready to set up the 45x225x4.5 metre diagonal ridge rafters.They are
doubled up so certainly do not want to move them much I think I will just
hand saw the end profiles and save time moving them to use power tools.Got a
new hand saw a £8 Homebase job but I ve always found almost any new blade is
good for cross cutting and short ripping.
Rafters arrived today-but no other wood for building the 450mm upstand so
fairly easy day.

"BigWallop" wrote in message
. uk...

"tom patton" wrote in message
. uk...
Was up on the roof today the heat gun worked ok-but-not as quick as the
blowtorch so back to torching-even tho a 3.5 kilo bottle of propane is
£10.30 pence shares in Calor must be a good bet.
Going to make a rafter end template tommorow.

And all looking good so far? Remember the bits undeneath, before you put
the bits on top. :-)

you sound as though you're taking your time, learning and doing it all
properly. That's the best way to do it. :-)