Harold and Susan Vordos

"D Murphy" wrote in message
"Harold and Susan Vordos" wrote in
:

"D Murphy" wrote in message
snip-----

You can buy the bearings for the Graziano at most any bearing house.
Try Berry Bearing. Hmm looks like they got bought out by Motion
Industries. We use them all the time.

https://www.motionmro.com/motion3/jsp/mi/index.jsp

--

Dan

I'm not convinced you can, not from my experience, anyway. I
checked the link you provided but couldn't find anything listed as
being made by Gamet, nor any listing for Graziano.

I have no doubt you can buy bearings for Graziano lathes for most
applications, but headstock bearings are not exactly a common item.
Have you purchased any of those from your sources? Everything I've
learned always leads back to the original source of the bearings,
which are rather unusual because of their hollow roller design and
high speed capabilities.

I don't know if Berry carries Gamet for sure, but yes we have bought
headstock bearings (class 9 matched angular contact) from them. But you
can get the bearings you need from any Gamet distributor. Harrison lathes
and others also use the same Gamet taper roller bearings. In our parts
dept. we have cross reference books from various bearing manufacturers.
If there is an equivelant bearing any bearing distributor will be able to
tell you, providing you get someone on the phone who wants to help. Gamet
kind of specializes in engine lathe headstock bearings though, so an
equivelant bearing from another manufacturer may not be available. But
that doesn't mean that you have to buy the Gamets' from Graziano. Unlike
our service guys and our customers you have time on your side. The lathe
is not down and you aren't losing money. I would shop around for the best
deal. Parts is parts.

--

Dan

Thanks, Dan. Yep, I'm not in a hurry. In fact, if I can't get a better
deal, they won't get changed out at all. The machine runs fine, without
noise, it's just not as precise as it once was. I'll keep snooping in
the hopes I come up with a good deal.

Harold