larry g

JB
I would think that there are some variables here that you need to give up to
the group so that an educated guesstimate at the answer can be made. Are
you filling from 0psi to whenever the switch kicks out. What pressure are
you filling to? How about you publish the time that it takes to fill the
tank from kick on pressure to the kick off pressure, and what these
pressures are. If your kicking out at near the max pressure of the pump
then its going to take a lot longer to fill that if you lower max pressure.
Max pressure is about 175psi ( I think) on a two stage and if your running
to this pressure or above its going to take a long time. Also consider that
the pressure switch may be going haywire and not shutting off reliably. If
you google this newsgroup you will find this discussion has taken place in
the last year or so.
lg
no neat sig line

"JB" wrote in message
How long should it take a 5hp, Quincy 325 2 stage pump to fill an 80
gallon tank. I'm trying to determine if the compressor is operating
efficently.

Thanks.

Joe...