Percival P. Cassidy

On 05/16/05 12:01 pm Dick tossed the following ingredients into the
ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

I've got a decent sized, quality antenna in my attic, aimed properly, etc.
but still can't get all the VHF channels as clearly as I would like. I live
in southern California, and have a clear look at Mt Wilson, our local
transmitter source which is about 25 miles away. I do not want cable or any
of the equivalents, and cannot put a full antenna on the roof.

What methods and/or equipment is there for improving my reception? Gain
boosters, high tech antennas, etc?

Are you saying that you "can't" put an antenna on the roof because of
wiring and/or personal preference reasons? Or because of homeowner
association rules? If it is the latter, I believe the FCC has a rule
that prevents an HOA from restricting this.

And here are the rules. http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

And note that the rule applies only to areas of which the occupant has
exclusive use. It does not permit the occupant to mount an antenna on
common areas, such as the roof. Don't know about attics.

Perce