Jimbo

Your response in nothing less and nothing more than I expected.

I have been using usenet for years in my hobby of restoring old cars and in
my sons specialty TIG welding business. Nobody can have all the right
answer to every problem and I have always found most usenet posters to be
very genuine and willing to help others through a difficult situation. The
number of top quality professionals willing to share their knowledge is
amazing to say the least. However I guess it should be expected that their
will always be people like you looking for an opportunity to mess with
peoples heads.

Have a great day

Jimbo
"Matt" wrote in message
oups.com...
Jimbo -

If someone goes out to usenet and follows advice that gets them killed,
then they shouldn't have been messing with it in the first place.

Usenet is not a qualified, guaranteed safe source of information FOR
ANYTHING, and I don't recall getting the memo that said if you follow
advice given here, everything will turn out just dandy.

I'm also very tired of the line "you could be responsible for someone's
death". If that is true, then the exact opposite is also true - people
giving reliable instuctions on how to do something, and someone follows
it and dies.

By that logic, this group should not exist at all - it's a hazard and
kills people!

Bottom line is - if you don't know what you are doing, and "it"
involves fuel, electricity, powerful springs (garage doors), or
anything else that holds the potential to kill you (a clothes dryer, a
stove, a microwave) ... then don't **** with it. Call someone who knows
what they are doing.

If a person isn't smart enough to know their own limitations and
capabilities, a usenet forum isn't going to change a damn thing.