Ian Malcolm

[much snipped]
I was tought by a very smart guy who occassionally shares his wisdom on
this newsgroup that the same trick helps to get "maximum bonding" of
epoxy to metal. Smear the epoxy on the degreased metal and then wire
brush right through it.

Makes sense to me...

Use sandpaper if you want to use that wire brush again. G

[/much snipped]
Jeff Wisnia wrote:
BTW, a couple of ounces of acetone still costs far less that $2 and will
clean uncured epoxy off a small wire brush well enough for reuse...

Paint tin full of cellulose thinners, (or any tin with a solvent tight
lid). Immerse all epoxy contaminated tools, brushes, what have you
after wiping off as much as you can with paper towel. Wait till the
epoxy on the job is well set, remove tool, scrub off soft cheeze
consistancy epoxy traces from tools. Rinse off with a little thinners,
put the rinseings into the can and seal it till next time. When there
is too much cheezy epoxy buildup in the bottom scrape out and dispose of
safely.

Yes I am a cheap b&$$?&£d too . . . :-) but acetone is too expensive
here in small quantities. Oddly enough its only a couple of euros a
litre in france :-(

ianm[at]the[dash]malcolms[dot]freeserve[dot]co[dot]uk [at]=@, [dash]=- &
[dot]=.
*Warning* SPAM TRAP set in header, Use email address in sig. if you must.