Andrew V

"SteveB" wrote in message
news:EV2ie.43637$_K.8011@fed1read03...
I want to do some work in copper, particularly sheeting. Can anyone
suggest a source? And what would be the best way to join it up?
Soldering? I will rivet some, but some that I am going to use in fountains
will have to be soldered. Suggestions on solder mixes, fluxes, etc would
be appreciated.

Steve

I can't help you with soldering advice but over the winter I fabricated 50
or so standing seam snow pans, also made drip edge and ridge cap. I used 16
oz roofing copper, it came in 3'x8' sheets. I bought it at a general metal
supply shop, they ordered it in and would not shear it for me (I got the
"its too expensive to mess up and we hire monkey's......speech). Shop around
the first quotes I got were about $115 a sheet, I ended up paying $73 per
and I got 25. I went back because I needed 1 more and it cost $102.... I did
some of the bends on my old siding brake, it wouldn't handle small bends
like 3/8's lips and returns. The rest was done on an apron brake.

Enjoy

Andrew