Andy Hall

Default Problems sharpening chisels

On 03 May 2004 12:00:21 GMT, (OldScrawn) wrote:

I have had a Tormek for six years now. I would not be without it

As a rather casual woodworker I'd find the cost/space hard to justify, but
Wickes and others do chinese bench grinders with a normal speed wheel at one
end and a wide, geared down, water cooled one at the other. Around £30: surely
a much better buy than the drill attachment thingy. I use the normal grinder as
much as the whetstone, but the latter is OK for the 30 degree chisel cleanup
and then I use the "stanley" guide tool for the final 25 degree hone on a
normal stone.

Definitely not. These are complete junk and will wreck any decent
tool.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl