mac davis

On Fri, 13 May 2005 12:39:34 -0700, "Derek Hartzell"
wrote:

Since my Stronghold #2 jaws require about 2 3/8" minimum recess ( I usually
do a little bigger so I can measure the bottom depth with calipers between
the jaws) I might need an as-yet undeveloped $5 or $10 coin.

nope, just some brass discs with your name on 'em.. might be pretty cool..

"Kevin" wrote in message
A year or so ago there was a post about incorporating the dove-tail recess
into the design of the bowl. Someone mentioned they glue a penny of the
current year into the recess. Perhaps a quarter would provide a better fit.
The turner would then see what year the piece was made as would the customer
while at the same time increasing the value of the bowl.

-Kevin

"Bill C." wrote in message

I think that a customer sees a dovetail recess as a design element and
evaluates it on that basis. Some like them, some don't. Sometimes the
dovetail works into the design of the bowl. Other times it sticks out like
a sore thumb. It should, I think, be neatly finished simply because
anything less would look, to my eyes, incomplete. But that is my opinion
and you are entitled to disagree.

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing