Mary Fisher

wrote in message ...
On 15 May,
"Mary Fisher" wrote:

"Stefek Zaba" wrote in message

There is NO requirement to earth a kitchen sink. The IEE On-Site guide
goes so far as to use almost exactly those words - i.e. it doesn't just
not mention sinks under 'things wot must be earthed'; after that list,
it
gives another list of 'things wot you might think must be earthed but
for
which there ain't no such requirement'. And kitchen sinks is on that
second list.

Phew! I'll tell Spouse. When I asked him about it he said that neither of
ours is earthed and he thought it was a nonsense but, he said, it WAS a
requirement. It will be good to tell him that it's not :-)

Didn't edition 15 of the wiring regs insist on /anything/ metal /anywhere/
having to be earthed? Or was that only the general conception of it?

We talked over breakfast about this. I hope you're not right or my desk
(legs), filing cabinets, birdseed feeders, bed and gardening tools will have
to be connected. I'm glad I don't wear jewellery.

Now, about my fillings ...

Mary

--
B Thumbs