Scottie:

Don't worry about the age thing. I know that a lot of the older folks
in my woodworking club were restrained by several factors that kept
them from starting in woodworking until later in life. Some we

1) Too much debt from family and kids
2) No time due to family and kids
3) No interest due to other activities
4) No patience or appreciation for different aspects of the craft(s)

I know a guy here that just started wood turning in his middle sixties
and he is now in his early seventies. Free of the above mentioned
problems, he is one of the best turners in the club.

To get the most out of what you are doing, find a club to join and get
with the members. Most are glad to have new blood and interested
members.

Robert