Bert Coules wrote:
I'm about to install the (stainless steel) sink in my new kitchen,

and
of course the spec sheet that came with the sink mentions the need to
earth it. However, I can't find any guideline as to what gauge of
earth wire I should use: can anyone give me an idea? As a
starting-point: I have a lot of gash 1.5mm2 lighting cable: would the
earth conductor from that (suitably sheathed of course) be

sufficient?

16mm2, and it must be earthed withn 2m of the sink, so you may have to
take a tile up to get an earth rod in as well.

NT