Rick

"Sean" wrote in message ...
Hi,
I had to open my projector to fix a problem with it and I notice a break in
one of the "ribbon cables" coming from one of the LCD panels..

This cable is completely flat and has "gold fingers" at the end of it (not
the traditional wire that i'm used to dealing with) .. I can see through the
insulation a break in a couple of the tracks so I need to trim the cable
back..

Are you sure these breaks are causing a problem? If it ain't
broke, etc.

You'd almost certainly be better off patching the tracks with
some conductive paint, rather than try and reattach the entire
cable.