CJT

Sean wrote:
Hi,
I had to open my projector to fix a problem with it and I notice a break in
one of the "ribbon cables" coming from one of the LCD panels..

This cable is completely flat and has "gold fingers" at the end of it (not
the traditional wire that i'm used to dealing with) .. I can see through the
insulation a break in a couple of the tracks so I need to trim the cable
back..

Question is, how do you remove the insulation on the end of one of these
cables!?!? .. I really need to get this right the first time coz there's not
much further back that I can trim it..

Any info would be greatly appreciated (note if replying by email remove the
NOSPAM)

Thanks,

Sean

Usually ribbon cable is used with insulation displacement connectors,
so isn't stripped.