NSM

"Sean" wrote in message

Hi,
I had to open my projector to fix a problem with it and I notice a break

in
one of the "ribbon cables" coming from one of the LCD panels..

This cable is completely flat and has "gold fingers" at the end of it (not
the traditional wire that i'm used to dealing with) .. I can see through

the
insulation a break in a couple of the tracks so I need to trim the cable
back..

Question is, how do you remove the insulation on the end of one of these
cables!?!? .. I really need to get this right the first time coz there's

not
much further back that I can trim it..

I'd be inclined to try to patch the cable. Sometimes the ends are special,
not just stripped cable.