Engineer

Default Sony CD player problem

I recently acquired a used Sony CD player, model CPD-291, manufactured
in 1991, S/N A715803 - history unknown but clean and not beaten up on
the outside.
It has started to show the following faults on one CD only, the
ABBA"Gold" volume:
1. Often shows "no disc" when starting and on "shuffle" play
2. When it does play there is serious break up and garbling of the
sound.
3. Has become worse over last few weeks (before it was intermittent.)

However, my other CD's seem to play OK on the Sony (I tried 6 of them,
all play OK in all modes.) However, the "problem" ABBA "GOLD" CD will
still play OK on both my PC CD drive and on my main audio CD player -
a Technics PD-SL687, 5 CD changer. This seems a bit odd and suggests
that the ABBA CD is not defective - yet the Sony won't play it
anymore.

I have carefully cleaned the ABBA CD - no change in behavior.
Any idea's as to what may be wrong? I am thinking that the SONY laser,
optical sensor and/or lenses may be dirty but, if so, why do all the
other CD's play OK on it? Anyway, could these components be cleaned?
If so, what's the best way to clean them?

Other than that, what else may be going on here?
Thanks for all replies.
Cheers,
Roger