Morris Dovey

"RogerN" wrote in message
.net...

I currently have an approximate 1400 sq ft home with propane heat and

water
heater, and window AC units. Last winter I spent over $1200 on propane.

have heard that electric heat is now cheaper than propane heat. My large
window AC unit went out and I'm trying to decide between replacing the
window unit or switching my propane heater to an all electric heat &

central
air system.

Anyone know ballpark pricing for an electric heat & a.c. unit?

Should I be looking for a heat pump system?

You might also consider adding solar heating panels to reduce at least the
daytime load on whatever propane/resistance/heat pump system you go with.

--
Morris