Dave

Default Concrete expansion joints

In message , Peter Taylor
expounds
Dave wrote
I've got several expansion joints in my concrete drive that have now
rotted away. I don't want to fill the gaps in with wood, and I was
wondering if there is any other material that can be used.
I wondered about tar or a resin type filler, but I'm not sure what I'm
looking for

The correct way to form construction joints is to use a compressible
bitumen-impregnated board, such as Flexcell, up to 25mm from the top
surface and
then fill the gap with polysulphide mastic such as Thioflex One. These
materials are available from builders merchants but you may need to order.

This website has all the information you need
http://www.pavingexpert.com/concjnt1.htm

Regards
Peter

Thanks a lot for that Peter