MM

On Sun, 15 May 2005 14:39:44 +0100, Stuart
wrote:

On Sun, 15 May 2005 14:05:13 +0100, MM wrote:

On Sat, 14 May 2005 21:18:53 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"MM" wrote in message

We were given the deeds too

Although it was a fascinating document, our house was built on private
land
in the 1930s and the story of that land, the owners, the family disputes
and
the like was amazing!

That's why I'd like to buy an old property again. This brand-new house
has no history and consequently no character.

You'll have to give it some!

I think it takes years and several owners/occupiers before that
happens. Also, in my previous property I had expended a lot of effort
ripping off six layers of wallpaper, painting, laying floors, re-doing
the garden etc etc, and in the end I felt like I had become part of
the property. This new property needs zilch done to it, and there are
a few things about it that I don't like. I don't like the alarm system
and the hermetically sealed doors and windows (ideal enclosure for
carbon monoxide-induced suicide, by the way), the horrid low-voltage
lights that don't come on immediately like good old-fashioned bulbs,
the almost white carpets that pose a continual problem trying to keep
them clean, the pancake-like surface of the 'topsoil' the builders put
down in the back 'garden', the cost of metered water....need I go on?
Actually, across the road is an identical property now on the market
for almost £11,000 more than I paid. If they get it fairly soon, I
shall be off to pastures new (and older, much older).

MM

MM

This might be of interest to you seeing as you mentioned the price of
your neighbours house .It is free.
http://www.ourproperty.co.uk/

I am already using the same service through RightMove, but thanks
anyway. It's a real eye-opener, isn't it! I was gobsmacked to see some
of the (low) prices my neighbours paid a year or eighteen months ago.

MM