James Sweet

"mccrary" wrote in message

I have a Gateway fpd1800 which I think is the same as an LG (CL-119).
The problem is that the back light flashes on and then goes off when
power is applied. Sometimes it will stay on after awhile. I let tit
run for a day with a screen saver and it seemed to work okay until I
rebooted the PC. Are there replacement backlight units? I sit
possibly a bad starter?

Thanks

Ray

--
mccrary

First try a new CCFL tube, just wire it up to the inverter without
installing it in the display and see if it runs correctly, if it does then
you found the problem. When they age, the voltage required to sustain an arc
increases. It could also be a faulty inverter but the tube is more likely
since it lights at all.