Bob Martin

in 1205522 20050515 115510 "Scottie" wrote:
I have decided to start doing a bit of DIY but to tell the truth I'm sixty+
and yes, I know it's a bit late to try and learn something new? I bought
some power tools namely; a rooter, power plane, 10" table saw, circular
saw, belt sander, cordless drill, hand chisels etc. I was thinking of
getting a nail gun, and a bench grinder but I only have a 6ft X 8ft
Groungsman Apex Double Door Shed to work in. A previous thread I put in this
NG suggested That I put paving stones outside the front entrance which I
thought was a good idea, therefor I could use most of the tools outside
(weather permitting as I live in Scotland, Glasgow) How should I start my
new hobby? I would like to buy a book that would show me how to use the
rooter as there is a lot of bits for different jobs. How do I set-up the
shed and what is the best sort of job to start with? Thanks for any advice.

Hi Scottie,

I started woodwork last year at the age of 63. I bought the cheapest of everything
(at Machine Mart or B&Q) as I needed them and am really enjoying myself.
So far I've made two cots for new grandchildren, a wardrobe, a chest of drawers
and new garage doors. I have roughly the same tools as you and the only thing
I would like is a band-saw but they are a bit expensive.
I mostly work outside, though I suppose my weather on the south coast is a bit
better than yours !

Bob Martin