Upscale

"Scottie" wrote in message news:iUFhe.10697
(weather permitting as I live in Scotland, Glasgow) How should I start my
new hobby? I would like to buy a book that would show me how to use the
router as there is a lot of bits for different jobs. How do I set-up the
shed and what is the best sort of job to start with? Thanks for any

advice.

It sounds like you're looking for something to make just so you can use a
particular tool, (the router in this case). As a start, I'd suggest you
reverse the order and find something you want to make using the tools you
have. You've got enough tools on hand to take you a long way. What do you
like to do in your spare time, (before you became interested in
woodworking)?

With that pastime in mind, then think about what you could construct to make
it more enjoyable. Go do some window shopping to get some ideas. Start small
and work you way up. Sure, pick up some books, maybe something about
beginner woodworking projects. If you can't think of what to make, then
tells us what you like to do and solicit some ideas from the readers here
for something to build.