JimL

I've helped build some entrances to some buildings that were about
that high off the ground. We would build the forms and then fill
them with large rocks about the size of softballs, leaving the top 3
or 4 inches clear for concrete. I'd say your ramps should be about 6
feet minimum.

On Tue, 03 May 2005 02:13:09 GMT, "Eric and Megan Swope"
wrote:

You are correct in that it was a typo. 4 feet wide, 2 deep, 2 long. It is
for a shed, not a foundation for a house. The shed is raised on concrete
pillars, so it is above the ground. The floor of the shed is actually 2 1/2
feet off the ground, there is no concrete foundation, so I would actually
have to build a back to the form so the concrete still doesn't spill. And
the concrete will be meeting up against wood, so would the mastic still work
for the joint, or do I know need to use something else.
Thanks.
"Colbyt" wrote in message

"Eric and Megan Swope" wrote in message
Travis, thanks for the great link and Colbyt for the advice. The ramp I

am
building is going to be about 2 feet in length, about 4 feet wide, and 4
feet deep at its deepest point (right near the shed). Colbyt, do you

still
think I would still need to double up on the mastic, or need it at all

with
a ramp this size? Thanks again.

There has to be a typo in the above statement.

A 2 foot run with a 4 foot rise is not something you are going to walk up
or
drive a mower up. A four foot thick slab is nothing you are going to mix
by
hand.

For the average 1000 pound garden tractor a 4" thick slab is all you need.

I think your peace of mind is worth the 2 or 3 bucks it will cost you.
All
you are doing is preventing the concrete from bonding to the old.

Colbyt