Patriarch

"Keith Carlson" wrote in
news:Wlxhe.81696$WI3.2759@attbi_s71:

It's hard for me to picture intending to go into whatever hobby, and
just going out and dumping a bunch of money to get everything right
away.

The questions are posted here all of the time. People see what Norm does
on television, in 24 minutes, and assume that a $10k shop is 'table
stakes'. Certainly not true.

The other part of this is that life changes. Do you have the same hobbies
and interests as you did 10 or 15 years ago? Or abilities? Or family
situation?

Thank goodness for equipment resale. Have you tried selling 3-year old,
top of the line golf clubs?

Good luck with finding the right tools, at the right time. Don't be in too
much of a hurry.

Patriarch,
installing a new-to-me, 52 year old jointer this week...