Mary Fisher

Default Ants

"Andrew Mawson" wrote in message

What's your problem with ants?

Mary

When they march into the kitchen in columns of five abreast

You've counted?

and head for the
butter dish, embedding themselves stickily as a writhing mass then in the
usual meaning of the expression they are 'a problem'.

Cover the butter dish then you won't be tempted to hyperbole.

Rather like the wasps from the nest in our loft (that SOFAR I have

resisted
fumigating), that about this time of year head

That really suprises me, at this time of year it's rare to see worker wasps
and there aren't many queens about in one place.

for the shower room used by
our foriegn (guest) students, and lie half dead and writhing in the wet
shower tray causing considerable distress

Its sounds as though the wasps are distressed too ...

to naked humans unable to express
their problem to us as they are here to learn English and as yet don't

know
the word wasp! They are also 'a problem'.

What - the naked students???

I suppose it's rather like weeds being a plant in the wrong place !

That's a good point - the 'wrong' place being one we don't like. We are an
arrognt lot, humans!

Mary

Andrew Mawson