SteveB

"Waynemak" wrote in message
I stopped using UPS because there rates are so high, $2.00 for residental,
$2.00 for pick up then about $1.00 per pound. What was a real PITA with UPS
is the fees I would get hit with AFTER item shipped. Some people within a
zip code would have a surcharge. I now use DHL and save my buyers about 40%
on shipping.

Depending on the weight, UPS is sometimes cheaper. Once, I had a package go
to Canada. I had to jump through hoops and give a credit card number for it
to go UPS, which was at a customer's request. Long story short, the
Canadian customs charged the person more than the item was worth in customs.
They were going to charge our credit card, but the decent buyer paid it out
of pocket instead of having us held up by Canadian Customs.

Now, we have a disclaimer that says item is described exactly on customs
forms, exact value is stated, and whether it is a gift, merchandise, or
whatever is stated, and that the buyer is responsible for whatever extortion
and fees their country wants to charge.

STeve