Harold and Susan Vordos

"ATP*" wrote in message

"DeepDiver" wrote in message
snip-----

Now, this whole transaction has soured me to the point where I wish I

never
bid on his auctions. Not only has he lost two additional sales now, but

he's
lost my future business as well (and probably the business of my
metalworking friends).

- Michael

Considering the very negative experience Susan had with a less than

honest
seller on ebay, you have my total sympathy. Do us all a favor and name
the
person with which you've done business so those of us that wish to avoid
doing business with him, will be able to do so. That's assuming we are
still buying off ebay. Frankly, we rarely do anymore, and it's the
honest
seller that's taking the loss. Ebay is not putting enough effort into
discouraging the crooks. They're far more interested in their bottom
line,
from all indications. If you prefer to not make his name known
publicly,
I'd appreciate hearing from you on the side.

Best of luck,

Harold

I bought a "brand new" computer that turned out to be a factory refurb,
which the seller had just bought from ubid.com. Ebay told me they don't

get
involved in "disputes over product descriptions". I also found out that a
Visa branded debit card is still just a debit card- once the money is

gone,
it is gone, and Visa will not go to bat for you. Paypal, of course,

wouldn't
do anything either.

We were fortunate in that ebay did go to bat for us, and quickly paid Susan
the maximum amount for a bad transaction at that particular point in time.
Problem for us is our transaction amounted to almost $1,200, and they gave
Susan only $175. She was still out a considerable amount of money, and none
of the protection agencies would do anything about it. The message we
received is that crime does pay, that those that scam people are free to do
so, time and again. It is for that reason that we no longer use ebay.

The seller has never listed anything on ebay since, but I have no idea if
that is by choice, or ebay suspended them. As you likely know, ebay won't
tell you anything.

Harold