Waynemak

I agree, I have over 220 feedback and got one neg from someone who never
returned emals or paid for an item. I don't see how someone with over 1000
feedback can be 100%
"SteveB" wrote in message

"DeepDiver" wrote in message
"SteveB" wrote in message

What you are asking is not unreasonable. What he is doing is
unreasonable.

Thanks. It always helps to get an impartial opinion.

Not really impartial. I am a Power Seller on ebay.

How is his feedback?

His feedback numbers were a bit cautionary:

Positive: 67 505 795
Neutral: 0 4 4
Negative: 0 2 3

Feedback Sco 1737
Positive Feedback: 99.5%

Members who left a positive: 1746
Members who left a negative: 9

All positive feedback received: 2472

Actually, not that bad for that many sales. When I see sellers that have
100%, I am suspicious. I recently had a sale for a pair of plastic hands
that go on a lawn chair, or boat railing. One holds a beer, the other, a
fishing pole. I had a picture of a lawn chair with a beer and a fishing
pole. The first line of the description is "this is for a pair of hands".
The buyer left me negative because he thought the chair and pole were
included! And that with no e mail prior to posting negative.

As a buyer, I don't hold negatives against any buyer. I look at them and
see if I can see what went wrong with the deal. Some people just can't be
made happy. You can return the goods, shoot the salesman, and give them
their money back, and they will still bitch!

I really didn't expect to have any problems with steel cut-offs, so I
didn't research his feedback as thouroughly as I perhaps should have.
Because here's a "zinger" negative feedback I found (after the fact):

NEVER rec'd, refunded ONLY 1/2, lost $, got nothing in return, CAVEAT
EMPTOR
Reply by gentoolco: USPS lost shipment, tried to be nice and paid him 1/2
his expenses, I'm out too!

That would have kept me from bidding on it right there.

So the buyer never got his shipment (for whatever reason), and the seller
only refunded half the money.

Btw, this is why I almost always insist on some form of shipment
tracking. In this case, I offered to pay for USPS Delivery Confirmation
on the Priority Mail box.

Now, if you ship Priority Mail, and use your home computer to make the
label, the tracking number comes free, and is right there on the half of
the label that the seller keeps.

Since it wasn't outlined up front, it is a kind of a ticklish situation.

I know. But I can see no justifiable reason for his denying my request.

You always have feedback to get in the last word.

The main problem with Ebay's feedback system (and why it's an unreliable
indicator of a seller's actual performance) is because the seller can
post retaliatory feedback even when the buyer is completely justified in
leaving negative feedback. As a result, most buyers will not leave
negative feedback for fear of having their own feedback rating tarnished.
The only way to avoid this is if the seller leaves feedback first. But
many sellers will no longer leave feedback until after the buyer posts
feedback.

True, true. So just stick to the truth, and roll the dice.

Regards,
Michael

Steve