Ned Simmons

In article JoeGwinn-C1340A.12261514052005
@comcast.dca.giganews.com, says...
In article .com,
" wrote:

I make spinning tools for a lady who owns a sheep farm. They look like
a long slender top with a 3/32" drill rod shaft and a 1" diameter x
.100 thick brass flywheel to generate the needed inertia to keep it
spinning. These are for spinning cotton fibers.
[snip]

Any suggestion on how to put these together would be greatly
appreciated. The bonding agent cannot be seen on the outside of the
piece. I also tried soldering but it did not look too good.

I would think that soft soldering would work perfectly, and is easily a
factor of ten stronger than any epoxy or loctite compound, so a soldered
connection will last forever in such service.

A factor of 2 would be closer. I suspect the reason that
Loctite didn't work was that there was no clearance between
the parts. Solder's not going to work any better under
those circumstances.

Ned Simmons