Lobster wrote:
Mary Fisher wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

I was thinking about a minimal cost electrical install...

1. Just have one single socket for the whole place.
2. Omit fuse box,
2.5 omit fuse in plug.
3. Lights, wire them on bellwire
4. Appliances, wire them all direct in, no need for plugs.
5. Omit Earth
6. Omit all Fuses but one at the supply.
7. Omit RCD.

What do you think of an installation like this? Do you think anyone

has
ever done such?

What's the advantage?

Wouldn't cost much I spose, would it?.

exactly.

C'mon NT, tell us all about it then...!!

OK, I do know someone that has an install like this, no exaggeration.
Havent seen it yet. Have been trying to convert them to the novel idea
of appliance plugs. It turns out this is standard practice in a certain
area. Guess where...

NT