Bruce L. Bergman

On Sat, 14 May 2005 07:06:35 -0700, "Mike Fields"
wrote:
"Eregon" wrote in message
86.121...
"Jim Newell" wrote in
:

The thought of that thing spinning at 50,000+ RPM's in my hand,
considering the parts (vanes) inside it just scares the **** out of
me.

Well, at 50K it's a lot slower than the 450K claimed for this one:
http://www.toolcenter.com/turbo-carver/index.htm and, at $15, a whole
lot cheaper, too!

I guess you REALLY don't want to know about the little turbine
in the dentists drill he puts in your mouth then !!

And you really don't want to know what steam sterilization does to
the operating parts inside of those little turbines, either.

My dentist has almost opened up a sideline of rebuilding handpiece
heads - because the bearings are going bad so fast, and it's rather
expensive if you send them in for service. He bought the repair bench
tooling, a pile of spare parts, and a bag of replacement bearings...

It's scary - I walk in there to talk teeth, and end up talking tech.

I like him - he knows what he /doesn't/ know, and calls people like
me when things break and it's not a simple DIY job. Like to repair
the totally botched and abandoned (the ex-contractor is in Texas)
panel change job for the hair salon at the other end of his building.

-- Bruce --

Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545