SteveB

"Dave" wrote in message
oups.com...
DeepDiver wrote:
[...]
So I politely asked the seller if he would ship my items in
one of the new USPS Flat-Rate Priority Mail boxes for $7.70
plus $0.45 for Delivery Confirmation (which I offered to pay
so the seller would be confident that the package is tracked).
I explained that I was paying by USPS Money Order, so he would
be making a trip to the Post Office anyway to cash his payment.

The seller refused, saying that "the post office is very
inconvenient." [...]

I agree with your gripe to a certain extent, but many sellers avoid
using USPS. That is simply a fact. Use e-mail next time to inquire
before purchasing.

I agree to e mail before purchasing. But my opinion is that USPS is about
4.6 light years ahead of UPS in service and customer service. My problems
with UPS have been much greater than with USPS.

Steve