Sparks

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi

I was thinking about a minimal cost electrical install...

1. Just have one single socket for the whole place.

Sounds OK if that is all you need, (if the place is small, your vacuum
cleaner has a really long lead, or you have a central cleaning system, or
maybe you don't vacuum!)

2. Omit fuse box,

With just one socket, you probably don't need to bother with one I suppose

2.5 omit fuse in plug.

Just like the do in Europe

3. Lights, wire them on bellwire

Should be OK, make sure you use the bell wire used on a bell that would draw
about 30A

4. Appliances, wire them all direct in, no need for plugs.

This can be done, as long as you don't need to move them about

5. Omit Earth

This is fine, just make sure you entire house is isolated from the earth and
bond everything metal together, including the central protective conductor
on the wire connected to your socket and fixed appliances.

6. Omit all Fuses but one at the supply.

You may be able to get them to fit you a 20A one if you ask

7. Omit RCD.

As long as the socket wont be used for anything in the garden, this should
be fine

What do you think of an installation like this? Do you think anyone has
ever done such?

It does sound a little but restrictive, but if it is all you need, the go
for it!

NT