Stuart

On 13 May 2005 11:03:28 -0700, "Russ"
wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:
On Fri, 13 May 2005 17:39:56 +0100, MM wrote:

I am still awaiting the title deed for my brand-new property.
According to the Land Registry, which I contacted several weeks ago,
the title deed was forwarded to my solicitor in March.

What is the *official* name of this title deed? Does it have an
official form number? I want to give my solicitor a friendly

reminder,
and it would have greater effect if I could quote a form number at
him.

MM

Title deeds don't exist and if they did aren't worth the paper they

are written on.

The title to your property is registered with the land reg and as Andy
said a copy can be sought from

http://www.landregisteronline.gov.uk...eSearchServlet

Russell

Or if you live in Scotland .
http://www.ros.gov.uk/citizen/copydeeds.html

Stay away from
www.scotlandregistry.co.uk
on account of the charges .because of the name it comes up first in
Google.
Stuart

Shift THELEVER to reply.