Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Mike wrote:
That's interesting, can you explain a little more. Do you mean
isolating transformers? (or opto-isolators?) I google'd and came up
with isolators to avoid earth loops but nothing about safety.

Most guitarists will have one of these or similar already. Get
something similar for any non radio handheld mics you provide.

You're joking? Never ever seen this done. For a start, most decent mics
are phantom powered, so need a DC path on screen and both signal lines.

Of course vocal mics are often non powered types, but I'd not be keen on
introducing an extra transformer there. I'd say all mixers if CE approved
etc will be perfectly safe if fed from a safe power supply, so I'd make
that the route to follow.

--
*Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.