Dave Plowman (News)

In article om,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
Should an earth spike be used when a generator is used to power
class 1 equipment that normally needs an earth?

Yes, and bond the generator chassis to that spike and to which ever
phase from the alternator you decide to call "neutral". ie replicate
the sort of supply that the equipment is designed to be plugged into.
A protective earth wire connected to real ground via a spike, neutral
bonded to that earth at the supply source (generator).

Is this the practice when you have a genny on location, Dave?

I'm pretty certain Lee Electrics don't do this with us, but not absolutely
certain. But we have a genny out on Monday so I'll try and get chapter and
verse from the operator.

--
*Of course I'm against sin; I'm against anything that I'm too old to enjoy.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.