M Junk

Default NiMH batteries

"John Rouse" wrote in message
I have a DECT phone with a spare handset and charger. One of the
handsets stopped recharging so, assuming the battery had reached the end
of its natural, I bought a new one. That wouldn't charge either, so I
assumed the handset was faulty.

SWMBO spotted another similar phone is a catalogue returns place, so we
bought it and tried to charge it (on the original charger), but again it
wouldn't charge. I tried charging the new phone on the new basestation
but again it wouldn't charge.

I'm now wondering if the original charger had a fault on it that has
knackered all three batteries. Can NiMH batteries become reverse-
polarised or anything? Can you bring them back to life?

What's odd is that one of the original phones must have been charged on
the spare charger from time to time, as we swap them about, but that
seems still to be working OK.

Any thoughts?

J.
--
John Rouse

I've had a problem with a NiMH phone battery that had been allowed to
discharge for too long and wouldn't recharge.
The charger was too intelligent wouldn't start charging. Following advice
on the net I 'flashed' the 3.6V battery with a bench 5V supply and it
recharged O and still works fine...