Norman D. Crow

"R.H." wrote in message
. ..
Amazing! This /is/ something to impress today's kids with, because
they are used to that you have to buy things from the computer store
or whatever. But here you can pretend to just find some wire, a used
battery and so on. Need to try this. The wire is something I don't
have in-house, so I'll need to figure out which store stocks such
items.

I forgot to mention that it works best if you use a very strong rare earth
magnet, and for the coil wrap the wire around a C battery ten times.

Grandsons had a ball with stuff like this when I got them an electric hobby
kit from Radio Shack a few years back. Lots of neat learning stuff,
including simple motor similar to this.

--
Nahmie