Lowell Holmes

"Bruce Barnett" wrote in message

I'm always looking for a bargin, and when I saw Woodcraft has a combo
square on sale half price - for $12, I couldn't resist.

I have an old Stanley combo square, and a small 4" double square from
Lee Valley. This one had the center and protractor head, which I don't
have. (I do have a plastic center finder.)

Well, after buying it, I returned it. In the plastic case, the exposed
side showed centimeters. Once I opened it, I saw the side for inches.
The markings only went up to 1/16." If you wanted measurements to 1/32
or 1/64 graduations - you have to use your eye.

I returned it after opening it. Just for chuckles, I checked out the
same 3-head combo at Harbor Freight. It was $21, came in a wooden
case, and the ruler was marked to 1/64."

Buying the woodcraft item for the regular price is foolish.
Perhaps it's worth $12, but not to me.

YMMV

My $65 Starret is worth every penny SWMBO paid for it. Let's see, $65 less
the $12 you wasted leaves $43. That's a pretty good price for the Starret.