philip cosson

You could try actis tri iso super 9.
http://www.tri-isosuper9.co.uk/product_benifits.htm or
http://www.enigma-insulations.co.uk/actis.html

You staple it on the underside of rafters and use 25mm roofing battens to
secure 12.5mm plasterboards to finish the roof. - or you could use a
suspended ceiling.

Incredibly easy to use. about £11 per square meter. comes on 10 or 20 meter
rolls 1500mm wide.

Celotex don't like it!

Philip

"Mike" wrote in message

"Lobster" wrote in message
David Pearson wrote:
So, if anyone can help me out with some advice on
cheap, but still good enough, insulation, I will be very
happy.

If you're going to insulate using Celotex, try contacting
http://www.secondsandco.co.uk/ for a price (I think they just do
Kingspan, but hey). It's what it says on the tin - seconds - but is
perfectly OK and a lot cheaper than your local builder's merchant.

I was going to say that :-) Excellent company (no connection)

And if you are hanging the ceiling independently of it so don't need it to
be too flat or consistent, ask if they've got anything suitable. I got a
huge load of 2.4*1.2m at 120mm thick for £10 a piece so you'd only need 3
or
4 of them to meet the regs.

Meanwhile I've got the warmest barn in town :-)