ottomatic

"Dean" wrote in message
According to the manual the model BD-920N has a 9/16" x 16 TPI leadscrew.
Usually though there is a metric/inch change gear, or on fancy machines

just
a selector. I believe the magic gear is a 127 tooth gear (25.4*5 = 127 =
zero conversion error).

I have used Russian made all metric machines that cut beautiful inch pitch
threads, and vice versa.

my gawed!! don't ever let Gunner find out about this!!!!

Otto

It doesn't really matter whether the lead screw is
inch or metric as long as the gear ratio is correct you can cut any pitch
you want. - where it matters is in the cross slide, if you have a metric
dial that sucks.

"Bill Janssen" wrote in message
I just got around to noticing a table for using the threading

indicator.
The table
is the usual listing of indicator readings versus thread pitch.

However I just noticed that the thread pitch column is labeled TPI and

the
threads
listed are all imperial threads.. I have reason to believe that the lead
screw is metric.

So my question is, where is the error? Is my lead screw wrong and I

should
have
a Imperial or is the label wrong and no 9X20 was ever shipped with a
imperial
lead screw.

Confused
Bill K7NOM