DoN. Nichols

In article ,
DeepDiver wrote:
"Bill Janssen" wrote in message

I have reason to believe that the lead screw is metric.

Based on what?

Btw, it might help if you told us the vendor of your particular 9x20.

He did -- but only in the "Subject: " header, not in the body.
I know that it is typically quite a while between the time I select
subjects to read and the time a given article pops up, so I sometimes
have to remember to look back at the headers.

As for the original question -- others know the machines better
than I -- but I think that all in the US have Imperial leadscrews -- at
least the longitudinal one used for threading.

The cross-feed and compound ones may be a near fit metric,
especially if you wind up with weird counts on the dial for a full turn,
like 127 or 63-1/2. Precise counts of 200 or 100 or 50 are more likely
to be true imperial screws.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564