Ed Clarke

On 2005-05-04, Don Klipstein wrote:
In article , Joseph Meehan wrote:
Doc wrote:
I've gone through about 6 of these supposed "1 year" bulbs in about 3
months, in light sockets in the garage that are only on sporadically.
They're shorter lived than the regular cheapie bulbs I've been using.

Anyone find them to last anything like what's claimed for them?

Likely the problem was not the lamps, but rather vibration from a door
opener or other equipment. I might add that three months continuous duty is
a good year of the normal cycle that is used for most ratings of lamp life.

I would want to add that stress factors include people dancing
vigorously or children jumping around or even in worse cases
children bouncing balls where the jolts impact the lightbulbs in
question... Also doors slamming hard if that is jolting the lightbulbs in
question.

The Philips bulbs are giving me bad service here also. Did you buy them at
Home Depot? In my case, they are 40W "fan light" bulbs in a non-fan chandelier
fixture. This lamp is in our dining room with no vibration - on in the early
morning and then again at night: three on-off cycles per day on average. Damn
things burn out frequently (month or two at most).

Home Depot has started carrying GE fanlight bulbs - no bulb failures since I
switched brands.

--
This signature left blank.