Richard Sterry

Default Fridge Freezer Problems

Mark Trueman wrote:
Hi,

I have an fridge freezer that I bought from MFI a couple of years ago,
model is APM6825, but I assume these are rebranded from another
manufacturer.

Anyway, its an all in one frost free jobby, compressor and all the gubbins
is in the freezer compartment in the bottom half. The fridge door was left
slightly open for about 8 hours and now the whole thing seems to have shut
down, there is no motor sound, no noise at all and no freezing going on.
Light in the fridge works so there is power.

I'm presuming that this is one of the components burning out or freezing
up. Its happened before, but righted itself after a couple of hours. This
time it hasn't.

Anyone got any idea what it could be and if its possible to fix myself.

May just be the thermostat - this was the case with my Ariston
fridge-freezer with one compressor very recently. I paid a service company a
lot of money to replace a thermostat I could have replaced myself for
£15-£20.

Try moving the thermostat control slowly from end to end - does it click at
any point? If not, then that is probably what is wrong. In the case of my
own appliance, the thermostat was easily removed without any need to
withdraw the unit (which was built-in to the kitchen) from the carcass.

Good luck

Rick