DeepDiver

"SteveB" wrote in message
news:O9che.32293$fI.3944@fed1read05...

What you are asking is not unreasonable. What he is doing is
unreasonable.

Thanks. It always helps to get an impartial opinion.

How is his feedback?

His feedback numbers were a bit cautionary:

Positive: 67 505 795
Neutral: 0 4 4
Negative: 0 2 3

Feedback Sco 1737
Positive Feedback: 99.5%

Members who left a positive: 1746
Members who left a negative: 9

All positive feedback received: 2472

I really didn't expect to have any problems with steel cut-offs, so I didn't
research his feedback as thouroughly as I perhaps should have. Because
here's a "zinger" negative feedback I found (after the fact):

NEVER rec'd, refunded ONLY 1/2, lost $, got nothing in return, CAVEAT EMPTOR
Reply by gentoolco: USPS lost shipment, tried to be nice and paid him 1/2
his expenses, I'm out too!

So the buyer never got his shipment (for whatever reason), and the seller
only refunded half the money.

Btw, this is why I almost always insist on some form of shipment tracking.
In this case, I offered to pay for USPS Delivery Confirmation on the
Priority Mail box.

Since it wasn't outlined up front, it is a kind of a ticklish situation.

I know. But I can see no justifiable reason for his denying my request.

You always have feedback to get in the last word.

The main problem with Ebay's feedback system (and why it's an unreliable
indicator of a seller's actual performance) is because the seller can post
retaliatory feedback even when the buyer is completely justified in leaving
negative feedback. As a result, most buyers will not leave negative feedback
for fear of having their own feedback rating tarnished. The only way to
avoid this is if the seller leaves feedback first. But many sellers will no
longer leave feedback until after the buyer posts feedback.

Regards,
Michael