DeepDiver

"Bill Janssen" wrote in message
news

I tried cutting a 8 TPI thread using the 1 on the dial and got
three diferent start positions. Just counted the threads and it
16 or nearlu 16 per inch

Without seeing or knowing what you are actually doing (and without knowing
your background or experience), it is hard to tell what the problem is. But
I suspect it's a procedural error. If I'm wrong, I apologize.

I have an Enco 9x20, which is essentially identical to the Jet in every way
except for the spindle nose threads (for mounting chucks) and the paint
scheme. While I rarely cut Imperial threads, I have done so successfully by
disengaging the halfnuts and using the threading dial. It worked exactly as
advertised.

Regards,
Michael