Eric R Snow

On Fri, 13 May 2005 22:04:30 GMT, "Dave August"
wrote:

As has been pointed out in this group before, same goes for doing metric on
an imperial machine.
When you have the 127 gear on (or it's counterpart on a metric machine doing
inch work) there is only ONE place you can engage the nut. Google the
archives and you'll find a few tricks to *try* and make it eaaser but in the
long run they are all a PITA.

Dave

SNIP
Greetings Dave,
I've been trying to figure out how to do this threading
electronically. I looked at the Frog? controllers and they say you can
do threading with them but they only drive steppers AND they only have
one pulse per chuck revolution. The threading I do needs to be more
accurate than that. I do have Gecko drives that take step and
direction input and drive servo motors with encoder feedback. But I
can't find software that's cheap enough. I do have BIG CNC lathes (21
inch swing) but for one or two parts it's usually faster to put that
damn 127 tooth gear in place. If I can find the right software I'll
put a ballscrew in the lathe and use it for all my threading.
Eric