Bill Janssen

DeepDiver wrote:

"Bill Janssen" wrote in message

I have reason to believe that the lead screw is metric.

Based on what?

Btw, it might help if you told us the vendor of your particular 9x20.

So my question is, where is the error? Is my lead screw wrong and I should
have a Imperial or is the label wrong and no 9X20 was ever
shipped with a imperial lead screw.

I have yet to come across a 9x20 with anything but Imperial leadscrew &
threading dial (at least in the US market). I would love to have a true
metric leadscrew (and metric threading dials) on my 9x20 lathe. If you
really do have a metric set-up, perhaps we could trade parts?

Regards,
Michael

I tried cutting a 8 TPI thread using the 1 on the dial and got three
diferent start positions.
Just counted the threads and it 16 or nearlu 16 per inch

Bill K7NOM